Most buyers know within the first 60 seconds of being in a home, whether they will make an offer or not.
Below are some simple yet significant tips to increase your homes appeal to even the pickiest buyers.
* Keep the grass cut (including edging) and remove all yard clutter.
* Weed and apply fresh mulch to flower beds.
* Tighten and clean all door handles.
* Clean windows inside and out.
* Powerwash home’s exterior, as needed.
* Ensure all gutters and downspouts are firmly attached and functioning.
* Buy a new welcome mat.
* Evaluate the furniture in each room and remove anything that interrupts “the flow” or makes the room smaller.
* Clean and organize cabinets, closets and bookshelves. To Maximize the space in each room.
* Clean all light fixtures and ceiling fans.
* Shampoo carpets.
* Remove excessive wall hangings and knick-knacks.
* Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
* Make minor repairs (torn screens, sticking doors, cracked caulking).
* Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
* Replace worn cabinet and door knobs.
* Fix or replace discolored grout.
* Replace broken tiles.
Special details for showings
* Turn on all the lights.
* Open all drapes and shutters in the daytime.
* Keep pets secured outdoors.
* Buy new towels for bathrooms.
* Replace old lamps or lampshades.
* Play quiet background music.
* Light the fireplace or clean out the ashes and light a candelabrum.
* Infuse home with a comforting scent, such as apple spice or vanilla.
* Set the dining room table for a fancy dinner party.
* Vacate the property while it is being shown.